Photomontage Image Hijack Part 1

 

Photomontage Image Hijack Part 1

Hijack Concept #1

The first topic that I wanted to explore was gun control. I used a piece by Nanzeeba Ibnat of a gun and the White House. Gun control is a super heated topic in politics and one of my favorite to discuss this leading me to explore it deeper. For the first sketch I pictured the devastation to our nation if guns were banned, I depicted this with the capital being ripped apart. For the second sketch I wanted to portray the hand as the weapon apposed to the gun being the weapon. The the third sketch is similar to first sketch but it depicts the government being thrown upside down if guns were banned. Last but not least the fourth sketch shows the second amendment being thrown out. 






Hijack Concept #2

For the second hijack I chose a picture on consumerism by Deccan Herald. Consumerism is a topic of great concern in the political scene that often goes unnoticed. The first sketch shows how big corporations drive on this and it just feeds into their success even though it is killing them. The second sketch I twisted in showing how the government can infect the ideas of someone and what we consume. The third sketch shows the landfill and trash that is left behind. The fourth sketch shows how bad consumerism and pollution is and how it is literally like throwing knives at yourself. 









Hijack Concept #3

For the third concept I chose abortion as my political concept. As a believer in Christ and as one who sees how awful and inhumane this act is I think this is on the top of my list of political discussions. This was an image from Brittany Chaffee of a woman without her belly from a miscarriage but I thought to depict it differently. In the first sketch I didn’t alter it much but showed that there is life in the womb. The second sketch I depicted how cancel culture has kind of canceled many many babies. In the third sketch I showed the many influences driving one to have an abortion. In the last sketch I depict what could have been if the baby had not been aborted. I know this is a tricky subject but I believe strongly on it and am looking to to a great final sketch on one of these. 






DH News Service. “10 Common Diseases Caused by Air Pollution - in Pics.” Deccan Herald, DH News Service, 8 Nov. 2021, https://www.deccanherald.com/dh-galleries/photos/10-common-diseases-caused-by-air-pollution-in-pics-1047812#lg=1&slide=0.

Nanzeeba Ibnat. “Gun Control Stock Illustrations.” IStock, https://www.istockphoto.com/illustrations/gun-control.

Chaffee, Brittany. “I Asked My Friend about Her Miscarriage. You Should Too.” Rewire, Rewire, 15 Aug. 2019, https://www.rewire.org/miscarriage/.

Comments

  1. This is awesome work. You really express your idea clearly and you can see your sketches unlike mine. My favorite is the very first one. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment